Skip Navigation

This table is used for column layout.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the town hall open?
The Selectmen's Office is open Monday through Thursday, 8:00am - 4:00pm, except for federal holidays and weather emergencies.

The Town Clerk/Tax Collector's Office is open Mondays 8:00am -1:00pm and 2:00pm - 7:00pm. Tuesdays 8:00am - 1:00pm, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00am - 4:00pm

Where do I vote?
Voting takes place at Citizens' Hall, 9 Citizens' Hall Road.  Contact the Town Clerk for further information on elections. Town voting in takes place at Citizens' Hall located at 9 Citizens' Hall Road.

Where do I apply for a dog license?
Dog licenses are handled by the Town Clerk's office.   All dogs need a license.  Current Rabies certificates are required. Cats do not require a license.

How do I apply for a Barn Preservation Easement?
Click here for State Statutes and click here for the website which contains the application.

How do I apply for a Building Permit?
Building Permit applications are available at the Selectmen's/Building Inspector's Office at Citizens' Hall.  The Building Inspector-Ed Hunter is available by cell phone at 603-325-2890.  

How do I start a business in Lyndeborough?
There are three kinds of businesses that are allowed in the Town of Lyndeborough.  Commercial operations are allowed in those areas of town zoned for Industrial or Light Industrial use.  Home businesses are also allowed in town.  Finally, agricultural operations are allowed in all parts of town.  The Planning Board has developed two forms for people to complete to determine whether your business requires review by the Planning Board.  Certain home businesses are subject to review by the Planning Board.  Upon receipt of the Applicant's Home Business Application Form, the Planning Board will inform the Applicants if further review is required.

I would like to subdivide. How do I get approval?
Make an appointment to attend a Planning Board Meeting by calling Kathleen Humphreys, to review your proposed subdivision and get any additional information you will need to complete your subdivision plan.  The Board will review the plan, hold a public hearing during which the abutters or other members of the public may ask questions or comment on the proposed subdivision. Subdivisions are approved in accordance with the Town of Lyndeborough's Zoning Regulations.  Subdivision Plans and Zoning Ordinances are available at the Selectmen's Office. Click here for Subdivision Application Checklist.

What are the local news links?

What is current use?
The purpose of Current Use is to preserve open space. click here to get an overview of RSA 79-A.

What is the CIP?
In order to anticipate periodic large expenditures, the town has put in place a Capital Improvement Plan where equipment such as fire trucks and police cars, or large capital outlays are funded over a series of years. Each year at Town Meeting, the citizens vote on warrant articles to fund each of the capital accounts.  The purchases are spaced over a series of years in order to keep the budget relatively level from year to year.

Where do I take my trash?
The Wilton Recycling Center is located in Wilton on Route 101.  Their hours of operation are:
Tuesday 7:30am-5:00pm, Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm, Sunday 8:00am-11:45am.
All residents and businesses will be required to have a sticket on your vehicle by January 1, 2017.

What is the current tax rate?
The current Tax Rate is $28.21 per $1,000


Town of Lyndeborough, 9 Citizens' Hall Road, Lyndeborough, NH 03082     603-654-5955
Website Disclaimer and Privacy Policy | Virtual Towns & Schools Website